The VIEWPAN Post-Processor
VIEWPAN has principally been developed as a powerful post-processor
for the NEWPAN panel method. It provides rich functionality for
surface and flowfield visualisation (and is often used out of choice
by our customers to post-process other CFD codes).
VIEWPAN forms one element of the tightly integrated CFD suite
launched from RUNWAY.
The close coupling between solver, pre-
and post-processors allows direct transfer of data between
the running applications, compatibility of user interfaces,
and an unbroken workflow.
Key Functionality provided by VIEWPAN
- A 3D environment for displaying and interrogating NEWPAN (and other CFD)
- An entity/model "CAD style" database hierarchy, enabling easy management
and analysis of several different models simultaneously;
- An integrated Entity/Run Selector, enabling comparison of any number
of runs (incidences, wake relaxations, etc) across any number of models;
- A Variable Selector for management/display of flowfield variables,
including those of streamlines and viscous boundary layers.
- Powerful viewing capabilities for presentation of 3D and 2D sectional
- A unique 3D Graph Viewer: "like carpet plotting, but better"
- An interactive 3D "slicer" - take sectional cuts through a model, and
display the results, in any arbitrary plane
- Interactive on-surface streamline generation. "Point and click" streamline
seeding, and/or multiple streamline painting
- Off-surface streamline visualisation
- On-surface streamline viscous boundary layer development. Clear 3D
visualisation of areas of separation and lines of transition.
- Integration of sectional properties; computation and display of
- An interface to NEWPAN2D, providing strong viscous coupling and
inverse design capabilities
- Complete support for NEWPAN-specific visualisation, e.g. relaxed wake
visualisation, non-uniform onset flow, free surfaces and image systems.
- Postscript and TIFF hardcopy output